Taking a path of self-healing is a transformative venture that literature has gracefully illuminated throughout the years. In this curated list, I delve into a collection of empowering books on healing yourself that traverse the realms of mind, body, and spirit.
11 Books On Healing Yourself That Speak Well-Being On Every Page
From renowned authors who explore the science of healing to those guiding us through the profound connection between energy and well-being, these reads offer profound insights and practical wisdom.
Whether you seek solace, motivation, or a deeper understanding of your own potential, these books on self-healing pave the way for personal growth and holistic well-being.
Let these pages be your companions on a path towards embracing a healthier, more harmonious you. We can begin with our list!
This post has affiliate links which means that we make a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. For more information read our Affiliate disclosure.
Note: Even though I am a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), I am not your licensed clinical social worker (LCSW). This means engaging with our website is not considered a professional social worker and client relationship. This also means you should not consider this information as professional advice. Although we do put in every reasonable effort to provide the most accurate and reliable information, this does not replace professional advice, and you should not rely only on them. You still might need to consult a professional to introduce your particular situation, issue, problem, or position. Read our full Disclaimer here.
BOOKS ON HEALING YOURSELF
#1 Collection 3 Books Set (Becoming Supernatural, You Are The Placebo, Breaking The Habit Of Being Yourself) by Joe Dispenza
Dr Joe Dispenza delves into the power of thoughts and beliefs in shaping our reality, offering insights and practical techniques to facilitate personal transformation, harness healing potential, and break free from habitual patterns. This work guides readers toward a deeper understanding of self and the ability to tap into their innate capacity for positive change and well-being.
In “Becoming Supernatural,” the author delves into the idea that individuals can transcend their current reality by tapping into higher states of consciousness and creating significant positive shifts in their lives.
“You Are the Placebo” focuses on the placebo effect and the power of belief in influencing health and well-being. Dispenza discusses cases where individuals experienced healing solely through the power of their minds, emphasizing the potential for self-induced positive changes.
“Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself” centers around the concept that our habitual thought patterns contribute to our reality. Here he provides practical exercises and meditations to help readers break free from ingrained behaviors, fostering personal transformation and a more empowered way of living.
Dr Joe Dispenza integrates quantum physics, neuroscience, brain chemistry, biology, and genetics to reveal the potential for profound transformation, providing not just knowledge but also practical tools, he empowers people to initiate tangible changes in any aspect of their lives. He demystifies ancient wisdom, seamlessly connecting the realms of science and spirituality.
Dr. Janina Fisher’s book explains how traumatic experiences have lasting effects that persist for years and traditional methods of re-telling the story to resolve them may actually overwhelm survivors.
This way survivors can become victims of re-traumatization and secondary victimization because they keep “reliving” their experience by being asked to talk about it repeatedly.
She’s an international expert on trauma, who has worked with survivors for over 40 years now helping them to navigate through it.
And her workbook offers step-by-step strategies, diagrams, and worksheets to help survivors understand and work with their symptoms to transform the legacy of trauma and find relief and rejuvenation.
“The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma” is a groundbreaking book that offers a comprehensive understanding of psychological and physiological effects of trauma, or how trauma affects the brain and the body, and how these effects can be treated. It’s written by a psychiatrist and trauma expert with 30 years of experience in working with trauma survivors, Bessel van der Kolk.
And it is not just a book about the negative impacts of trauma.
It also offers practical tools and strategies for healing and recovery, presenting a wealth of research and clinical experience that sheds light on the ways in which trauma can disrupt the body’s natural balance and lead to a variety of physical and psychological symptoms.
He somewhat controversially argues that traditional therapies, such as talk therapy, can be insufficient for treating trauma because they miss to address the physical and emotional changes that occur in the body and brain as a result of trauma.
Instead, van der Kolk advocates for including treatments that engage the body, such as yoga, meditation, and exercise, in order to help individuals heal from trauma because they offer new paths to recovery by activating the brain’s natural neuroplasticity.
#4 Energy Medicine: Balancing Your Body’s Energies for Optimal Health, Joy, and Vitality by Donna Eden, David Feinstein, and Caroline Myss
“Energy Medicine: Balancing Your Body’s Energies for Optimal Health, Joy, and Vitality” is a comprehensive guide to understanding and working with the body’s energy systems. Donna Eden, a renowned energy medicine practitioner, shares her expertise on techniques that promote balance and vitality.
The book covers various energy healing methods, including meridian tracing, chakra balancing, and techniques to enhance overall well-being. It provides practical exercises, illustrations, and insights into the relationship between energy and health.
Caroline Myss contributes her knowledge of the spiritual and symbolic aspects of energy, complementing Donna Eden’s practical approach.
“Energy Medicine” serves as a valuable resource for individuals seeking to explore and enhance their understanding of the body’s subtle energies, offering tools for maintaining optimal health and joy.
BONUS: Dona’s work is extensively recognized by both scientific and alternative branches of healthcare. And if energy work is something that interest you, consider a transformational journey towards awakening your body’s natural healing ability and understand how to reconnect with the natural healing systems existing within you in this Donna’s program (link to a FREE Masterclass to learn more about it.)
Dr. Kristin Neff, a leading researcher on self-compassion, explores the transformative practice of self-compassion and offers exercises, meditations, and strategies for developing a kinder relationship with oneself.
Drawing on research and personal experiences, the author explores how treating yourself with kindness, understanding, and acceptance can lead to improved well-being and resilience.
Through practical exercises and insightful teachings, the book guides you on a journey of self-discovery and self-care, emphasizing the importance of self-compassion in overcoming self-criticism, managing difficult emotions, and cultivating a healthier relationship with oneself.
“Heal Your Body” by Louise Hay is a book that explores the connection between physical ailments and emotional well-being.
Louise Hay, a renowned motivational author and speaker, presents a comprehensive guide that suggests specific thought patterns and emotions linked to various health issues.
The book introduces the concept that our mental and emotional states can influence our physical health, and by addressing these underlying issues, individuals may facilitate their own healing process.
It’s a holistic approach to well-being, encouraging readers to consider the mind-body connection in their pursuit of health and healing.
#7 You Can Heal Your Heart: Finding Peace After a Breakup, Divorce, or Death By Louise Hay And David Kessler
“You Can Heal Your Heart: Finding Peace After a Breakup, Divorce, or Death” by Louise Hay and David Kessler is a collaborative work that addresses the emotional challenges associated with loss and heartbreak. In this book, the authors provide insights and practical advice on navigating the complex emotions that arise from various forms of loss, including breakups, divorce, and the death of a loved one.
Using a combination of personal anecdotes, affirmations, and therapeutic guidance, the book aims to help you move through the grieving process and find healing and peace.
It emphasizes the power of self-love, forgiveness, and understanding in rebuilding one’s life after a significant emotional setback.
And serves as a supportive companion for those seeking solace and transformation during times of profound loss and heartache.
#8 It’s OK That You’re Not OK: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture That Doesn’t Understand by Megan Devine
Megan Devine, a psychotherapist and grief advocate, challenges societal expectations and norms surrounding grief, acknowledging the often uncomfortable and misunderstood nature of the grieving process.
The book provides a supportive and honest perspective on grief, encouraging you to embrace your pain rather than conform to societal pressures to “move on” quickly.
Devine shares personal experiences and practical insights to guide individuals through the tumultuous journey of grief, bringing in understanding and self-compassion.
As you can see it offers a refreshing and empathetic approach to navigating grief, creating a space for individuals to honor their unique grieving experiences in a culture that may not always comprehend the depth of loss.
“Start Where You Are: A Guide to Compassionate Living” by Pema Chödrön is a spiritual guide that draws on the teachings of Tibetan Buddhism to offer practical advice for cultivating mindfulness and compassion in everyday life. She provides insights and practices to help individuals navigate the complexities of their inner worlds and external circumstances.
The book emphasizes the importance of embracing the present moment and developing a kind and open-hearted relationship with oneself. Pema Chödrön encourages readers to start their journey of self-discovery and transformation exactly where they are, without judgment.
She guides readers on a path toward greater awareness, resilience, and genuine compassion for themselves and others.
“Start Where You Are” serves as a gentle and practical companion for those seeking to integrate mindfulness and compassion into their daily lives.
“The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph” by Ryan Holiday is a personal growth book draws from stoic philosophy to demonstrate how adopting a growth mindset can help us view challenges as opportunities for growth.
According to Holiday, people who are able to embrace obstacles and see them as opportunities are able to tap into a timeless wisdom and a set of mental tools that can help them overcome any challenge or difficulty.
The important thing here is that you understand that it’s not about avoiding unpleasent emotions, thoughts, situations or life circumstances, but rather about going through our challenges to be able to overcome them.
#11 The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook: A Proven Way to Accept Yourself, Build Inner Strength, and Thrive
This science-based workbook offers a step-by-step to breaking free of harsh self-judging and impossible standards in order to experience emotional well-being.
It is based on the authors’ groundbreaking 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program, which has helped tens of thousands of people worldwide.
- guided meditations with audio downloads
- informal practices to do anytime and anywhere
- exercises, and
- vivid stories of people using the techniques to respond to relationship stress, health concerns, anxiety, weight and body image issues, and other common challenges.
Recommended Resources For You:
- Live By Your Own Rules Program: rediscover your true self and design a life of uncompromising authenticity and fulfillment in this soul-affirming journey where you’ll overcome oppressing and fabricated societal standards ruling your life without your conscious permission.
- Conscious Parenting Mastery Program: embrace a new model of parenting that will enable you to raise authentic, confident, and well-adjusted kids after you break free from the parenting norms that don’t serve you or your child.
- Becoming Focused And Indistractible FREE Masterclass: uncover what it takes to regain your focus and productivity in a distraction-filled world and becoming indistractable in this empowering program. And help your kids become it too.
- Energy Medicine FREE Masterclass: by Donna Eden: follow a renowned healer extensively recognized by both scientific and alternative branches of healthcare in a transformational journey towards awakening your body’s natural healing ability and understand how to reconnect with the natural healing systems existing within you and master your body’s energy systems and correct energetic blocks and weaknesses.
- Money EQ by Ken Honda FREE Masterclass: Japan’s No. 1 personal growth teacher, developed a program for healing your money wounds, releasing your fear, stress, and anger around money, and achieving a lifetime of true financial wellbeing.
- The Integral Life FREE Masterclass: by a legendary modern philosopher Ken Wilber, uncover how you can embody his signature integral theory for a life of deeper fulfillment, self-actualization, and impact. The Integral Life offers an ‘operating manual’ for thinking, growing, and being the most whole and fully realized version of yourself.
- Be Extraordinary FREE Masterclass: understand how you can achieve higher states of consciousness, tap into your fullest potential, and bend your life’s reality.
- Uncompromised Life FREE Masterclass: learn about Marisa Peer’s acclaimed Transformational Hypnotherapy process for creating deep and lasting change in your inner programming and your life.
- The Silva Ultramind System FREE Masterclass: get familiarized with Hose Silva’s techniques and tools for harnessing altered states of mind to awaken your mind’s fullest potential and transform your reality.
- Longevity Blueprint FREE Masterclass: learn more about a blueprint to extraordinary longevity and health, based on leading-edge science and time-tested data from the world’s longest-living cultures, giving you the ultimate solution to a long, healthy, fulfilling life.
- 5 Characteristics Of An Independent Child (Signs Of Self-Reliancy)
- How To Promote Independence In A Child (In Early Childhood)
- 19 Stress Reduction Gifts For Your Loved One’s Calm And Recharge
- Gifts For Someone Who Is Struggling (5 Gift Types To Ease The Burden)
- 26 Gifts For People Hard To Buy For (Solutions for Tricky Recipients)
- 7 Good Books To Read For Mental Strength
FINAL THOUGHTS ON BOOKS ON HEALING YOURSELF
As we conclude this exploration of books on self-healing, remember that healing is a personal journey, unique to each individual.
So find what resonates with you, stick to it, take small steps, and be patient with yourself.
Healing is a process, and these books are tools that can help light the way.
Here’s to your journey of self-discovery, growth, and well-being. Happy reading and I’ll see you in my next post! Here’s one: