If you’re looking for the best self-love journals, no doubt that this is the place to be ’cause I’ll be mentioning 8 of them.
But before we get to them, I wanted to ask you to stick till the end of post so you can get more perspective on why the path of self-love is the way to go. As well as why you were called to seek greater self-love in your life.
The Best Self-Love Journals To Help Finally Break Free From All Unnecessary Restrictions
So, in this post, I won’t provide tips on all the possible paths you could take to grow self-love, I’ll talk about self-love journals that can help, but near the end of the post I’ll provide a personal recommendation I’d like you to consider if you’re ready to take it a step further and experience transformation.
The journals I chose are mostly focused on supporting you to nurture authenticity because this is what sets you free, but more about this awaits you close to the end of the post.
Now let’s get to our self-love journals you’re eager to learn about and choose one for yourself.
This post has affiliate links which means that we make a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. For more information read our Affiliate disclosure.
Note: Even though I am a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), I am not your licensed clinical social worker (LCSW). This means engaging with our website is not considered a professional social worker and client relationship. This also means you should not consider this information as professional advice. Although we do put in every reasonable effort to provide the most accurate and reliable information, this does not replace professional advice, and you should not rely only on them. You still might need to consult a professional to introduce your particular situation, issue, problem, or position. Read our full Disclaimer here.
THE BEST SELF-LOVE JOURNALS
Learning to love yourself can be a continuing journey of inner exploration with which this motivational journal can help by guiding you toward self-acceptance through the practice of documenting and processing negative thoughts and emotions.
It’s created with intention to help you with self-esteem and guide you yo transform self-doubt into self-acceptance.
This journal can contribute to growing self-love because it features:
- Results-oriented – Start where you are, build self-esteem, deal with self-doubt and love yourself more.
- Motivation for personal growth by inviting you be fully present, nurture an open mind that induces states of purposefulness and joy.
- Tools for daily routine through inspirational quotes, prompts, and exercises focused on self-acceptance.
You may also find useful:
- The Best 10 Self-love Workbooks To Break Free From Self-judgement Through Self-Compassion And Self-Acceptance
If you want to learn more about yourself, then this journal will be a good fit.
That’s because it’s designed to help you self-reflect so you can get meaningful personal insights by exploring your identity and emotions, your relationships, and recognize the values you want to live your life by, and your passions and life purpose.
You’ll probably want to check out also:
Soul Therapy is a daily, guided journal intended to guide them in self-exploration, reflection, and healing. It’s a great resource that will support them in:
- Creating the positive helpful journaling habit.
- Including daily reflection to stay grounded.
- Slowing down.
- Observing themselves from a new perspective.
- Getting in touch with their true selves more.
It features 365 days of thought-provoking prompts, inspirational quotes, open-ended provoking questions, and motivational soul food with a lot of room for entries.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Bestselling authors Adrienne Maree Brown and Sonya Renee Taylor have developed a transformational experience of journaling towards your most authentic self.
It’s based on the best-selling concepts of radical self-love, emergent strategy, and pleasure activism. This journal gives you permission to love yourself, deeply, just as you authentically are.
Journaling to these prompts will help you surrender to what your body’s needs instead of forcing yourself into restricted disciplines, and empower you to embrace the true beauty of your divine self instead of being excessively self-critical.
It delivers 6 key practices, with prompts for each practice that center on curiosity, surrender, grace, and satisfaction.
This journal features a different way of journaling that reveals how we can stop focusing on meeting the famous expectations of others, as this gets us nowhere in life. At least not where we truly desire to be.
Once we realize that satisfying those demands is useless and impossible, we can give up on trying to please, liberate ourselves, and start living a life on our own terms.
The journal leads us to rediscover or begin to trust our inner voice and guidance.
If you get this journal, inside you’ll find:
- thought-provoking exercises,
- beloved quotations from Untamed (New York Times Bestseller),
- compelling illustrations
- playful and meditative coloring pages,
- guidance through the process of examining the aspects of life that can make you feel enslaved.
This revolutionary method for uprooting culturally constructed ideas shows us how to uncover what we want to stick to and what we’ll make disappear from our reality so that we can build lives good enough for us.
If this journal interest you, then you’ll probably want to check out this program I recommend as well:
This is a great uplifting guided journal for mindfulness for when you just don’t want to give a damn finally.
If quiet meditation and peaceful mantras aren’t a relatable, Zen as F*ck might be. It’s good for anyone but the fact that it’s written in this way it may be perfect if you have teens because they usually dislike the classical personal growth promts and vocabulary.
This might spark their interest if nothing else you’ve tried didn’t.
Swearing isn’t an ugly thing if it’s not intended to attack your personality, it’s just that when you can’t even bear to say a “bad” word you should think about just how restricted do you keep yourself in all areas of your life.
When you free yourself in this way you’re a step closer to your true magnificent self.
In this journal you’ll find positive affirmations and cathartic activities, learn how to shine, and show your true awesomeness.
You may also want to read:
The same author Monica Sweeney delivers the gift of letting go with this journal for giving up on your bullsh*t and creating a fulfilling life for yourself.
Holding grudges and plotting revenge takes a lot of energy and mental effort, while the true bliss is in the not giving a damn.
This resource will help you’ll find moments of joy and profanity-laced catharsis through journaling activities.
With it you can manage to let go and lift your spirit at least a little higher.
You can combine this coloring book with this journal, because it’s featuring 40 different inspirational phrases with swear words to color that will help you channel their inner badass and make you feel better instantly when you need it:
8. A Year of Self-Care: Daily Practices and Inspiration for Caring for Yourself (A Year of Daily Reflections)
This is a12-week anxiety and self care journal that will help you process what’s occupying your mind and gently re-frame your thoughts, so you can manage your worries before they get to spiral out of control.
This could potentially help if you’re feeling anxious even to start self-exploration.
It was designed to meet you where you are and guide you to developing a practice of dedicating a few minutes a day to reflect on your thoughts, detect the sources of your anxiety, and prioritize your overall wellness and mental health. This is dedicating a few minutes to yourself you really need.
- Daily Journaling Pages
- Self-Care Ideas
- Therapy Reflections
- Emotional Support Cheat Sheet
- Fear-Setting Exercises
- Habit Trackers
- Monthly Progress
“Start Where You Are” serves as an interactive journal, thoughtfully crafted to assist readers in nurturing their creativity, mindfulness, and self-motivation.
Amidst the hustle and bustle of daily life, it offers a gentle reminder that understanding ourselves and our aspirations can lead to a deeper appreciation of the world and the realization of our dreams.
Meera Lee Patel, known for her popular stationery and textile line found in boutiques nationwide, brings vibrant hand-lettering and imagery to this uplifting book.
Within its pages, you’ll discover supportive prompts, exercises, and inspirational quotes designed to inspire self-reflection through writing, drawing, chart-making, and more.
To be able to enjoy all the benefits of self-love you have to be willing to dedicate your time and efforts into self-exploratory practice, which is why this journal can be helpful for you.
A QUICK NOTE ON SELF-LOVE
With self-love or more precisely, the “lack” of it, it’s about authenticity the most. When we’re taught to restrain ourselves in order to fit all the social norms out there (can we even count them?!) we can become people who live someone else’s lives.
This means that we either try to fit some mainstream standards of worthiness, our own internalized moral values has set the bar for worthiness/success too high now that we’re adults and we’re self-regulating, or we could be in a vicious cycle of trying to satisfy expectations of everyone else around us, but us.
And considering we were never taught to look into ourselves, experiment to learn what feel good, and find out who we truly are and what we desire for ourselves and our lives, it’s difficult to recognize that we are indeed living someone else’s life.
This doesn’t feel right, but we may try to block the feeling of unworthiness by trying even harder to fit all those standards and expectations. Or by blocking the symptoms or pain.
But some people who are luckier than others begin to sense that something isn’t right because they have everything that’s said to be enough to experience fulfilment and satisfaction, but they don’t feel it. The “better” they become they feel worse and no one understands them.
Moreover, they feel depressed, anxious, empty, trapped and without purpose or direction to where the solution might be. And even though they don’t feel good the fact that they feel this way is amazing because this means that there’s hope!
Their inner guidance is providing navigation for them to take action so they can help themselves.
If this is you, please don’t try to block the pain because this means you can break free!
You shouldn’t beat yourself up, you shoud support yourself and be kinder than ever and start with self-exploration in a way that suits you best!
DO YOU WANT TO TAKE IT A STEP FURTHER?
If you, or someone you care about is eager to find a way to positively contribute to the level of self-acceptance and obtain more self-love, consider a program dedicated specifically for this calle LIVE BY YOUR OWN RULES by Kristina Mänd-Lakhiani, a serial entrepreneur, speaker, and co-founder of Mindvalley, hosted on Mindvalley platform.
Live By Your Own Rules is a self-exploration that leads to self-discovery, self-liberation, and embracing authenticity.
It’ll take only 15 minutes of your day over 31 days, where Kristina will guide you through her unique process to shed the light on masks of society, identify your personal truths, and nurture your relationship with themselves.
You’ll understand how you’ve been restrained by societal standards and expectations about who you need to be to be accepted and valued.
Instead of being captivated by fabricated societal norms, you’ll learn ways to innovate on how you work, love, play, and even fulfill your purpose, define happiness, pleasure, and success according to your own rules and criteria not someone else’s you don’t even know or care about.
And as your journey brings deeper connection with yourself, you’ll begin to accept all parts of yourself, as you live, and express yourself truthfully.
By the end of the Quest, your relationship with yourself can become so solid that standards of society will never have the jeopardize your authenticity again.
But keep in mind that the price of the program (and most single programs) covers most of the yearly membership pricing. You get the greatest value for money when you choose to pay the yearly option.
But if you’re getting it a gift or you’re not ready for a yearly commitment just yet, you can choose a monthly option, and then continue using it if you happen to like it. And I can almost guarantee that you will.
Now, I’ll tell you more about the membership.
But before I do, I just want to mention that this program is not the only one that can help them with cultivating self-love. Just using the membership by attending the preferable Quests will provide progress for you, but I’ll mention a few other programs as well (links to the FREE masterclasses):
- Duality by visionary energy healer Jeffrey Allen
- Unlocking Transcendence, also by Jeffrey Allen
- Be Extraordinary, with Mindvalley founder Vishen Lakhiani
- The Quest For Personal Mastery by Srikumar Rao with a visionary TED speaker and America’s #1 MBA lecturer.
- The Integral Life by legendary modern philosopher Ken Wilber
- Everyday bliss by Paul McKenna a famous hypnotherapist.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM – MINDVALLEY MINDVALLEY MEMBERSHIP
Inside this powerful membership, you’ll be able to choose from any of the 70+ programs designed for elevating different areas of life, such as relationships, wellness, resilience, career, business, mindfulness, etc.
That’s a full personal development journey and transformation.
The Quest are delivered by world best known experts, coaches, and trainers that are now collaborating with Mindvalley to bring you the transformation you need in the personal development category of your choice.
If Mindvalley chose them, you can be sure they’re the best.
There are 6 categories on the Mindvalley platform:
- Career Growth
What you can expect once you begin engaging with this platform is:
- true self-discovery so that you can start identifying your real preferences, aspirations, goals, and dreams
- setting meaningful goals that have the potential to fulfill your need for self-actualization as opposed to only living on someone else’s terms and building someone else’s dream in order to be accepted by the environment and perceived as successful
- liberation from fabricated societal expectation and norms that not only don’t serve you, but are in fact representing oppression which is suffocating your soul that only wants you to live in alignment with whom you truly are and not what society expects you to be
- to finally awaken your authenticity by letting yourself be visible as opposed to being shy or ashamed of who you are deep down or what you want behind the closed doors
- to acquire skills to make life decisions aligned with your core values and true desires coming from the depth of your being
- begin stepping into your potential and move towards reaching full potential unique for you and different from anyone else’s in the world
- become skilled at self-love that holds the key to building the life of your dreams
- finally become comfortable in your own skin, doing your own thing, and going where you truly want to go in life
- build the life you are proud to call your own and experience lasting fulfilment because your consciousness is so expanded that you don’t need to worry about whether things will work out for you ever again, as now you have skills and support to make them work.
And inside the membership, you’ll find:
- Full access to Mindvalley’s entire curriculum of best-in-class programs for transforming every dimension of your life. (60+)
2. Weekly Mindvalley Live sessions featuring today’s biggest trainers, bestselling authors, and celebrities.
3. Full access to Mindvalley Meditations, featuring a vast selection of guided and ambient meditation audios for deep inner transformation.
4. Access to Mindvalley’s private social network, where you can connect, share wisdom, and grow with fellow members in your city and around the world.
And if you happen to like it and you’re considering getting a membership, but you want to know more about it, read:
- the review of the Live By Your Own Rules program I wrote: 30 Days Of Self-Love – A Review Of Live By Your Own Rules Mindvalley Program. (It’ll tell you how it would be like to follow this program.
- my post that mentions more than 30 programs you can expect to find on the platform if you decide to get inside the membership: 30+ Transformational Online Personal Development Programs For Creating The Life You Desire.
This will be the gift of your life because you’ll open the door for amazing transformation and upgrading your life to fit your preference, but now with numerous personal growth tools you can take with you even if you leave the membership, and use for the rest of your time to help you thrive.
This membership brings a community of like-minded people to you, helps you feel connected and will help you heal, besides giving you the chance to level up your life experience.
Additionally, Mindvalley has developed an app that makes it super easy and super convenient to use daily.
I advise you to start your day with Mindvalley meditations or with a lesson of the program of your choice.
Right now you can enjoy Mindvalley at a special price.
- 21 Gifts To Show You Care To Those You Cherish And Deepen Your Connection
- 15 Positive Gifts For Friends That Will Elevate Their Any Moment
- 11 Uplifting Gifts For Friends To Warm Their Hearts
- 51 Self-love Thoughts To Redefine Your Relationship with Yourself
- 100 Ways To Change Yourself And Empower Your Evolution
- 100 Ways To Improve Yourself (From Ordinary To Extraordinary)
FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE BEST SELF-LOVE JOURNALS
So, those were the best journals for cultivating more self-love in your precious life you shouldn’t waste on trying to respond to all those expectations who don’t really matter to you set on you.
Or if they do matter, this doesn’t mean you should sacrifice your wellbeing and freedom to fit the narrative they’ve constructed and are presenting as the ultimate truth. You don’t need to be what they’re telling you that you have to be to be seen and treated as worthy.
I hope these journals and programs recommendations will help you on your journey of breaking free from the social norms that are obstructing your progress, and find your path towards the real, authentic, you.
See you in my next post! 👋 Here is one:
- THE BEST 11 SELF-LOVE WORKBOOKS FOR BREAKING FREE FROM SELF-JUDGEMENT THROUGH SELF-COMPASSION AND SELF-ACCEPTANCE
MY GOOD READS/CLASSES RECOMMENDATION:
- Live By Your Own Rules Mindvalley Program for self-exploration that leads to self-discovery, self-liberation, and embracing authenticity.
- Enjoy Mindvalley Membership At A Special Price Now.
- The Self-Love Workbook: A Life-Changing Guide to Boost Self-Esteem, Recognize Your Worth and Find Genuine Happiness (Self-Love Books)
- Self-Love Workbook for Women: Release Self-Doubt, Build Self-Compassion, and Embrace Who You Are (Self-Help Workbooks for Women)
- How to Be Accountable Workbook: Take Responsibility to Change Your Behavior, Boundaries, & Relationships (5-Minute Therapy)
- Unfuck Your Boundaries: Build Better Relationships Through Consent, Communication, and Expressing Your Needs (5-minute Therapy)
- No More Perfect Moms: Learn to Love Your Real Life
- More Than A Mom: Finding Purpose In the Everyday Monotony Without Losing Yourself Or Your Sanity
- Happiness Workbook: A CBT-Based Guide to Foster Positivity and Embrace Joy