The Best Self-Love Gifts For Friends Having A Hard Time With It (Or You)
In this post, I’ll mention several gifts that promote self-love and I’m sure you’ll find something unique for them that will suit their needs best. Considering you care for them and you know them well, you’ll have no trouble deciding on the perfect one(s).
Let’s start right away!
This post has affiliate links which means that we make a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. For more information read our Affiliate disclosure.
Note: Even though I am a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), I am not your licensed clinical social worker (LCSW). This means engaging with our website is not considered a professional social worker and client relationship. This also means you should not consider this information as professional advice. Although we do put in every reasonable effort to provide the most accurate and reliable information, this does not replace professional advice, and you should not rely only on them. You still might need to consult a professional to introduce your particular situation, issue, problem, or position. Read our full Disclaimer here.
SELF-LOVE GIFTS FOR FRIENDS
#1 PROGRAMS FOR GROWING SELF-LOVE AND SELF-ACCEPTANCE
If someone you care about, or yourself, is eager to find a way to positively contribute to the level of self-acceptance and obtain more self-love, consider a program dedicated specifically for this calle LIVE BY YOUR OWN RULES by Kristina Mänd-Lakhiani, a serial entrepreneur, speaker, and co-founder of Mindvalley, hosted on Mindvalley platform.
Live By Your Own Rules is a self-exploration that leads to self-discovery, self-liberation, and embracing authenticity.
It’ll take only 15 minutes of their day over 31 days, where Kristina will guide them through her unique process to shed the light on masks of society, identify their personal truths, and nurture their relationship with themselves.
They’ll understand how they’ve been restrained by societal standards and expectations about who they need to be to be accepted and valued.
Instead of being captivated by fabricated societal norms, they’ll learn ways to innovate on how they work, love, play, and even fulfill their purpose, define happiness, pleasure, and success according to their own terms and criteria not someone else’s they don’t even know or care about.
And as their journey brings deeper connection with themselves, they’ll begin to accept all parts of themselves, as they live and express themselves truthfully.
By the end of the Quest, their relationship with themselves can become so solid that standards of society will never have the jeopardize their authenticity again.
But keep in mind that the price of the program (and most single programs) covers most of the yearly membership pricing. You get the greatest value for money when you choose to pay the yearly option.
But if you’re getting them a gift you can choose a monthly option and then they could continue using it if they like it on their own and they will like it there’s (little to) no doubt about it.
Now, I’ll tell you more about the membership.
But before I do, I just want to mention that this program is not the only one that can help them with cultivating self-love. Just using the membership by attending the preferable Quests will provide progress for them, but I’ll mention a few other programs as well (links to the FREE masterclasses):
- Duality by visionary energy healer Jeffrey Allen
- Unlocking Transcendence, also by Jeffrey Allen
- Be Extraordinary, with Mindvalley founder Vishen Lakhiani
- The Quest For Personal Mastery by Srikumar Rao with a visionary TED speaker and America’s #1 MBA lecturer.
- The Integral Life by legendary modern philosopher Ken Wilber
- Everyday bliss by Paul McKenna a famous hypnotherapist.
#2 MEMBERSHIP IN A PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM – MINDVALLEY MEMBERSHIP
Inside this powerful membership, they’ll be able to choose from any of the 100+ programs designed for different areas of life, such as relationships, wellness, resilience, career, business, mindfulness, etc.
That’s a full personal development journey and transformation.
The Quest are delivered by world known experts, coaches, and trainers that are now collaborating with Mindvalley to bring you the transformation you need in the personal development category of your choice.
There are 6 categories on the Mindvalley platform:
- Career Growth
What you can expect once you begin engaging with this platform is:
- true self-discovery so that you can start identifying your real preferences, aspirations, goals, and dreams
- setting meaningful goals that have the potential to fulfill your need for self-actualization as opposed to only living on someone else’s terms and building someone else’s dream in order to be accepted by the environment and perceived as successful
- liberation from fabricated societal expectation and norms that not only don’t serve you, but are in fact representing oppression which is suffocating your soul that only wants you to live in alignment with whom you truly are and not what society expects you to be
- to finally awaken your authenticity by letting yourself be visible as opposed to being shy or ashamed of who you are deep down or what you want behind the closed doors
- to acquire skills to make life decisions aligned with your core values and true desires coming from the depth of your being
- begin stepping into your potential and move towards reaching full potential unique for you and different from anyone else’s in the world
- become skilled at self-love that holds the key to building the life of your dreams
- finally become comfortable in your own skin, doing your own thing, and going where you truly want to go in life
- build the life you are proud to call your own and experience lasting fulfilment because your consciousness is so expanded that you don’t need to worry about whether things will work out for you ever again, as now you have skills and support to make them work.
Inside the membership, you will find:
- Full access to Mindvalley’s entire curriculum of best-in-class programs for transforming every dimension of your life. (60+)
2. Weekly Mindvalley Live sessions featuring today’s biggest trainers, bestselling authors, and celebrities.
3. Full access to Mindvalley Meditations, featuring a vast selection of guided and ambient meditation audios for deep inner transformation.
4. Access to Mindvalley’s private social network, where you can connect, share wisdom, and grow with fellow members in your city and around the world.
And if you happen to like it and you’re considering getting a membership for someone else whom you want to help with self-love, or for yourself, but you want to know more, read:
- The review of the Live By Your Own Rules program I wrote: 30 Days Of Self-Love – A Review Of Live By Your Own Rules Mindvalley Program. (It’ll tell you how it would be like to follow this program.
- my post that mentions more than 30 programs you can expect to find on the platform if you decide to get inside the membership: 30+ Transformational Online Personal Development Programs For Creating The Life You Desire.
This will be the gift of their life because you’ll open the door for amazing transformation and upgrading their life to fit their preference but now with numerous personal growth tools they can take with them and use for the rest of their time to help them get there.
This membership provides them with a community of like-minded people, helps them feel connected and will help them heal, besides giving them the chance to level up their life experience.
Additionally, Mindvalley has developed an app that makes it super easy and super convenient to use daily. Advise them to start their day with Mindvalley meditations or with a lesson of the program they choose.
Right now you can enjoy Mindvalley at a special price.
And if you’d like to experience the platform before investing you can take a masterclass (or few of them):
- Becoming Focused And Indistractible (not indestructible 🙂 ) by Nir Eyal, a habit formation expert and bestselling author for regaining focus and productivity in a distraction-filled world and becoming indistractable in this empowering program. And help their kids become it too.
- Be Extraordinary, with Mindvalley founder Vishen Lakhiani as he empowers them to achieve higher states of consciousness, tap into tjeir fullest potential, and bend their life’s reality.
- The Uncompromised Life by Marisa Peer, a program that guides through her acclaimed Transformational Hypnotherapy process for creating deep and lasting change in inner programming and life.
- The Silva Ultramind System also by Vishen, who presents Hose Silva’s techniques and tools for harnessing altered states of mind to awaken the mind’s fullest potential and transform personal reality.
- Money EQ Ken Honda, Japan’s No. 1 personal growth teacher, for healing money wounds, releasing fear, stress, and anger around money, and achieving a lifetime of true financial wellbeing.
- Energy Medicine by Donna Eden, a renowned healer whose gifts have been extensively recognized by both scientific and alternative branches of healthcare in is a transformational journey towards awakening the body’s natural healing ability.
If you need more recommendations for personal development gifts, you can check out my other 2 posts:
#3 BOOKS SO YOUR FRIENDS CAN UNDERSTAND MORE ABOUT SELF-LOVE
Books can help your friends who would use more self-love understand more about the nature of self-love as well as get insights about themselves because while they’re reading they’re getting a chance to reflect on their situation and uncover what is true for them.
Sometimes we are very strict with ourselves which makes us judgemental of out desires, needs, dreams, as well as mistakes.
When it’s like this, we can’t really differentiate “right” from “wrong” which is why we might be keeping ourselves restricted from many things in life that bring us joy and prosperity.
So when we start understandung more that our perspective on things matters, that we can define what’s true for us and want isn’t, we can break free from expectations that come outside of us that don’t matter most of the time.
Then we can accept ourselves as we are and grow love for ourselves no matter what happened in the past or is happening right now.
Let’s mention some books you might find to be great gifts that promote self-love.
This book guides the reader towards releasing the imposed definitions of the imperfect life and embracing living authentically.
The famous author, an LCSW, praises authenticity because of its ability to lead us to establish a practice perfectly imperfect life we need.
Anyone can relate to this, considering we’re all fighting those battles with others or within us.
In this book a psychologist Dr. Kristin Neff provides a step-by-step guide on how to be more self-compassionate and reach our dreams, because the terrorising chase of high self-esteem has become a virtual religion.
The present culture of excessive competitiveness tricks us into believing we have to be above average at all times if we want to be allowed to value ourselves, but as there is always someone better than us at something, it’s clear that this is unrealistic and that we’re in a vicious cycle.
There is an alternative to self-esteem that many experts believe is a healthier and more effective path to fulfilment abd that’s self-compassion.
Dr. Kristin Neff’s research shows that people who are compassionate toward themselves when they fail and face their imperfections experience greater well-being than those who repeatedly judge themselves. As the feelings of self-worth provided by self-compassion are stable, they provide support when self-esteem sinks. And it’s ok that this happens, of course.
In Self Love Poetry, the author explores concepts such as:
- believing in yourself, and
- love through 100 pairs of poems, each dedicated to self-love.
This would be a lovely and thoughtful gift for someone who understands the benefits of self-love and wants to enrich their life with quality content and it’s a gentle present at the same time.
If you need more Self-love books to choose from, read my post: THE BEST BOOKS FOR SELF-LOVE AND HEALING (15) FOR UNLEASHING SELF-LOVE.
#4 WORKBOOKS TO PUT THEIR NEW KNOWLEDGE INTO PERSONAL CONTEXT AND TAKE THE NECESSARY ACTION
Workbooks are a great resource to do exactly that, considering they can hold us accountable and can be very reflective, as they need to open many different questions in their life.
This means that if you they a trained professional to guide you with the prompts of the resource, the chances to succeed and witness life quality improved are higher.
Let’s some examples to inspire you:
1. SPONSORED: Self-Love Workbook For Women: Release Self-Doubt, Build Self-Compassion, And Embrace Who You Are
What this self-love workbook provides are:
- Proven techniques and exercises
- Inspiring prompts, reflective exercises, introspection for changing limiting beliefs, and activities to increase the motivation level
- Empowering affirmations
It’s created by an LCSW and MSW, like me, and if you like my approach to self-love you’ll probably like this. Because as you’ll see that I always emphasize that to increase self-love we need some practice and endurance and to show consistency.
2. Self-Love Workbook for Men: Recognize Your Worth, Build Self-Confidence, Overcome Self-Doubt, and Embrace Who You Are
Self-Love Workbook for Men offers a solution for building self-confidence from the inside out instead of chasing external validation through sex, money, and power.
As well as for growing a stronger sense of self-worth without feeling shame.
It will teach them how to be more compassionate (towards themselves and others) so that they can experience true fulfilment in their life without having to focus on material things.
Other benefits they can expect from this audiobook:
- Build a new, healthy view of masculinity that ‘s suitable for them
- Support to explore without shame or judgment from others
- Get out of the cycle of self-loathing and depression
- Understand how to love themselves and be proud of themselves
- Feel more confident in their skin
- Learn to embrace flaws and find what makes them special
- Feel empowered to make the changes they need and want in their life.
3. The Self-Love Workbook: A Life-Changing Guide to Boost Self-Esteem, Recognize Your Worth and Find Genuine Happiness
This helpful workbook will help your friends who need more self-love raise awareness of their unique needs and goals while discovering how to accept and love themselves.
It includes a variety of actionable tips exercises:
- Interactive Activities
exploring a variety of creative ways to love themselves
- Reflection Prompts
unpacking their experiences and connecting them to new lessons
- Helpful Advice
deepen their understanding of self-love and utilize it in the real world
4. The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook: A Proven Way to Accept Yourself, Build Inner Strength, and Thrive
This science-based workbook offers a step-by-step to breaking free of harsh self-judging and impossible standards in order to experience emotional well-being.
It is based on the authors’ groundbreaking 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program, which has helped tens of thousands of people worldwide.
- guided meditations with audio downloads
- informal practices to do anytime and anywhere
- exercises, and
- vivid stories of people using the techniques to respond to relationship stress, health concerns, anxiety, weight and body image issues, and other common challenges.
You probably already are familiar with Louise Hay, the bestselling author of 30+ books created for empowering individuals.
This interactive workbook applies Louise Hays techniques of self-love and positive mindset to a wide range of topics that influence us daily, such as:
- Addictive Behavior
- Money and Prosperity
- Intimacy, and more.
If you’re interested in self-love workbooks I have a blog post that includes 5 more self-love workbooks in addition to these 5 I’ve just listed.
Here is the link to that blog post: 10 Self-Love Workbooks To Help Break Free From Self-Judgement Through Self-Compassion and Self-Acceptance.
- 10 Best Self-love Workbooks To Break Free From Self-judgement Through Self-Compassion And Self-Acceptance
#5 A JOURNAL TO HELP YOUR FRIENDS SELF-REFLECT OR USE ALONGSIDE PERSONAL GROWTH PROGRAMS
Journals can be used as a guided resource if they have prompts in them.
In this case, we’re all about those and they will be a great gift dedicated to fostering self-love that your friends can quickly benefit from.
Or you can get your special someone a journal with no prompts if they’ve already started with some program, therapy, or coaching to help them on their journey.
Here I’ll mention journals that have prompts.
If you want your friends to learn more about themselves, then this journal will be a good fit.
That’s because it’s designed to help them self-reflect to get meaningful personal insights by exploring:
- identity and emotions,
- their relationships, and
- recognize the values they want to live their life by, as well as their passions and life purpose.
It has 15 organized themed sections and is focused on guiding them to:
- Challenge their limiting beliefs so that they can accomplish what you desire.
- Get inspired with motivational quotes and insightful prompts and practices.
- Celebrate their true selves.
Soul Therapy is a daily, guided journal intended to guide your friends in self-exploration, reflection, and healing.
It’s a great resource that will support them with:
- Creating the positive helpful journaling habit.
- Including daily reflection to stay grounded.
- Slowing down.
- Observing themselves from a new perspective.
- Getting in touch with their true selves more.
It features 365 days of thought-provoking prompts, inspirational quotes, open-ended provoking questions, and motivational soul food with a lot of room for entries.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
This journal features a different way of journaling that reveals how we can stop focusing on meeting the famous expectations of others, as this gets us nowhere in life.
At least not where we truly desire to be.
Once we realize that satisfying those demands is useless and impossible, we can give up on trying to please, liberate ourselves, and start living a life on our own terms.
This journal will lead your self-love seeking friends or you to rediscover or begin to trust the inner voice and guidance.
If you get them this journal, inside they’ll find:
- thought-provoking exercises,
- beloved quotations from Untamed (New York Times Bestseller),
- compelling illustrations
- playful and meditative coloring pages,
- guidance through the process of examining the aspects of life that can make them feel enslaved.
This revolutionary method for uprooting culturally constructed ideas shows us how to uncover what we want to stick to and what we’ll make disappear from our reality so that we can build lives good enough for us.
Additionally, if you’re interested in checking out more ideas on journals read my blog post The Best Self-Love Journals To Help You Finally Break Free From All Unnecessary Restrictions.
- 10 Self-Love Workbooks To Help Break Free From Self-Judgement Through Self-Compassion and Self-Acceptance
#6 AFFIRMATIONAL SELF-LOVE CARDS
1.How to Love Yourself Cards: Self-Love Cards with 64 Positive Affirmations for Daily Wisdom and Inspiration
This is another resource from Louise Hay. And it’s a deck of 64 Affirmations by Louise Hay is super-convenient to place in their home, office, car, or anywhere clearly visible to look at them regularly and strengthen love for themselves.
They’re perfect for your friends or family members who are on the path of greater self-acceptance and self-love, to use as affirmations and meditating practice.
2. Women: Beautifully Illustrated Inspirational Cards with Positive Affirmations to Help with Gratitude, Mindfulness, Daily Encouragement and Self Care
This is a set of 62 affirmation cards featuring original artwork by Casey Wiegand and hand lettered quotes to motivate and encourage.
She has combined her love of art with her inspiring words to create this set of cards which are uplifting and a reminder of the beauty within ourselves that every person possesses.
Your friend can use them as artwork in their home, or takes them with them throughout the day for positivity.
This affirmation deck would make the lovely gift for them to nurture themselves.
Each one of these cards can build a routine around affirmation.
You may also be interested to read:
- 21 Gifts To Show You Care To Those You Cherish And Deepen Your Connection
- 16 Positive Gifts For Friends That Will Elevate Their Any Moment
- 11 Uplifting Gifts For Friends To Warm Their Hearts
- 51 Self-love Thoughts To Redefine Your Relationship with Yourself
- 100 Ways To Change Yourself And Empower Your Evolution
- 100 Ways To Improve Yourself (From Ordinary To Extraordinary)
FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE SELF-LOVE GIFTS FOR FRIENDS
And there goes our list of the self-love gifts for friends that will show them how much you care about them and their well-being.
Or you can show it to yourself. Why not reward ourselves from time to time (or regularly!)?!
If you liked the list, spread the word about it!
See you in my next post! 👋 Here is one: