In a world where we’re constantly pulled in different directions, it’s easy to lose sight of the importance of taking care of ourselves. But the truth is, when we prioritize our well-being, we become better equipped to handle life’s challenges and show up as our best selves in the world. On that note I’ve collected 52 self-love and self-care quotes to support your efforts to do so.
52 Inspiring Self-Love and Self-Care Quotes To Transform Your Mindset
These quotes about self-love and self-care are inspiring words of wisdom that can help you to tune out the noise and focus more on loving and caring for yourself.
They’ll remind you that you’re deserving of love, kindness, and compassion – and that taking care of yourself is nothing to feel guilty or shameful about.
So, take a deep breath, and let these quotes inspire you to embrace the power of self-love and self-care.
Right after the last quote I’ve prepared for you, you’ll find a personal recommendation I wholeheartedly recommend you act on because you’ll finally get a chance to move past hoping you’ll attain self-love and actually take the concrete steps to make it happen. And it can happen by only dedicating 15–20 minutes of your day.
Let’s jump right in!
This post has affiliate links which means that we make a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. For more information read our Affiliate disclosure.
Note: Even though I am a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), I am not your licensed clinical social worker (LCSW). This means engaging with our website is not considered a professional social worker and client relationship. This also means you should not consider this information as professional advice. Although we do put in every reasonable effort to provide the most accurate and reliable information, this does not replace professional advice, and you should not rely only on them. You still might need to consult a professional to introduce your particular situation, issue, problem, or position. Read our full Disclaimer here.
SELF-LOVE AND SELF-CARE QUOTES
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”– Buddha
“Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.”– Eleanor Brown
“The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.”– Steve Maraboli
“The love and attention you always thought you wanted from someone else, is the love and attention you first need to give to yourself.”– Bryant McGill
“Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.”– Unknown
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
“Self-care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what’s left of you.”– Katie Reed
“Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.”– Deborah Day
“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”– Oscar Wilde
“Taking care of yourself is the most powerful way to begin to take care of others.”– Bryant McGill
“Self-care is not a luxury, it’s a necessity.”– Unknown
3 Biggest Mistakes With Self-acceptance
“Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”– Louise L. Hay
“Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.”– Anna Taylor
“When we give ourselves compassion, we are opening our hearts in a way that can transform our lives.”– Kristin Neff
You may want to read later:
“The more you love yourself, the less nonsense you’ll tolerate.”– Unknown
“You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”– Sharon Salzberg
“Self-love is a good thing, but self-awareness is more important. You need to once in a while go ‘Uh, I’m kind of an asshole’.”– Louis C.K.
“Self-care is not about self-indulgence, it’s about self-preservation.”– Audrey Lorde
“You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.”– Zig Ziglar
“Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”– Lucille Ball
“Take time to do what makes your soul happy.”– Unknown
“Self-love is a continuous process that involves taking care of yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually.”– Unknown
“Self-love is the source of all other loves.”– Pierre Corneille
“Self-care is how you take your power back.”– Lalah Delia
“Self-care is a deliberate choice to gift yourself with people, places, things, events, and opportunities that recharge our personal battery and promote whole health – body, mind, and spirit.”– Laurie Buchanan
3 Biggest Mistakes With Self-acceptance
“You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.”– Unknown
“Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.”– Eleanor Brown
“Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.”– Parker Palmer
“Taking care of yourself doesn’t mean me first, it means me too.”– L.R. Knost
“Self-care is not a luxury, it’s a necessity.”– Unknown
“Self-care is not a reward, it’s a responsibility.”– Unknown
“Self-care is not a one-size-fits-all solution. It’s about finding what works best for you.”– Unknown
“Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.”– Audre Lorde
“Self-care is giving yourself permission to pause.”– Unknown
“You owe yourself the same love, care, and attention that you give to others.”– Unknown
“Taking care of yourself is a gift to yourself, and everyone around you.”– Unknown
“Love yourself enough to forgive yourself and move forward.”– Unknown
“Self-love is not just a state of mind, it’s also a state of action.”– Unknown
“Self-care is not about being selfish, it’s about being self-aware.”– UnknowN
“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
“Self-respect, self-worth, and self-love, all start with self. Stop looking outside of yourself for your value.”– Rob Liano
“Be the love you never received.”– Rune Lazuli
“The challenge is not to be perfect — it is to be whole.”– Jane Fonda
“The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.”– Sydney J. Harris
3 Biggest Mistakes With Self-acceptance
“It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit.”– Eartha Kitt
“To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.”– Alan Cohen
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.― Unknown
“Be kind to yourself and then let your kindness fill the world.”– Pema Chödrön
“Loving yourself isn’t vanity, it’s sanity.”– Andre Gide
“Kindness begins with yourself. Start by being kind to yourself, and then let that kindness overflow to others.”– Unknown
“Loving yourself is a daily practice. Treat yourself with the same kindness and compassion you would offer to a dear friend.”– Unknown
THINK THAT YOU ARE STILL MISSING SELF-LOVE IN YOUR LIFE? READY TO MOVE PAST ONLY HOPING SELF-LOVE WILL APPEAR IN YOUR REALITY?
If you, or someone you care about is eager to find a way to positively contribute to the level of self-acceptance and obtain more self-love, consider a program dedicated specifically for this calle LIVE BY YOUR OWN RULES by Kristina Mänd-Lakhiani, a serial entrepreneur, speaker, and co-founder of Mindvalley, hosted on Mindvalley platform.
Live By Your Own Rules is a self-exploration that leads to self-discovery, self-liberation, and embracing authenticity.
It’ll take only 15 minutes of your day over 31 days, where Kristina will guide you through her unique process to shed the light on masks of society, identify your personal truths, and nurture your relationship with themselves.
You’ll understand how you’ve been restrained by societal standards and expectations about who you need to be to be accepted and valued. And this is why self-love has been so far away from you, distant, elusive, or even felt unreachable, but it doesn’t have to be anymore.
Instead of being captivated by fabricated societal norms, you’ll learn ways to innovate on how you work, love, play, and even fulfill your purpose, define happiness, pleasure, and success according to your own rules and criteria not someone else’s you don’t even know or care about.
And as your journey brings deeper connection with yourself, you’ll begin to accept all parts of yourself, as you live, and express yourself truthfully.
By the end of the Quest, your relationship with yourself can become so solid that standards of society will never have the jeopardize your authenticity again.
But keep in mind that the price of the program (and most single programs) covers most of the yearly membership pricing. You get the greatest value for money when you choose to pay the yearly option.
But if you’re getting it a gift or you’re not ready for a yearly commitment just yet, you can choose a monthly option, and then continue using it if you happen to like it. And I can almost guarantee that you will.
Now, I’ll tell you more about the membership.
But before I do, I just want to mention that this program is not the only one that can help them with cultivating self-love. Just using the membership by attending the preferable Quests will provide progress for you, but I’ll mention a few other programs as well (links to the FREE masterclasses):
- Duality by visionary energy healer Jeffrey Allen
- Unlocking Transcendence, also by Jeffrey Allen
- Be Extraordinary, with Mindvalley founder Vishen Lakhiani
- The Quest For Personal Mastery by Srikumar Rao with a visionary TED speaker and America’s #1 MBA lecturer.
- The Integral Life by legendary modern philosopher Ken Wilber
- Everyday bliss by Paul McKenna a famous hypnotherapist.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM – MINDVALLEY MEMBERSHIP
Inside this powerful membership, you’ll be able to choose from any of the 100+ programs designed for elevating different areas of life, such as relationships, wellness, resilience, career, business, mindfulness, etc.
That’s a full personal development journey and transformation.
The Quest are delivered by world best known experts, coaches, and trainers that are now collaborating with Mindvalley to bring you the transformation you need in the personal development category of your choice.
If Mindvalley chose them, you can be sure they’re the best.
- Career Growth
What you can expect once you begin engaging with this platform is:
- true self-discovery so that you can start identifying your real preferences, aspirations, goals, and dreams
- setting meaningful goals that have the potential to fulfill your need for self-actualization as opposed to only living on someone else’s terms and building someone else’s dream in order to be accepted by the environment and perceived as successful
- liberation from fabricated societal expectation and norms that not only don’t serve you, but are in fact representing oppression which is suffocating your soul that only wants you to live in alignment with whom you truly are and not what society expects you to be
- to finally awaken your authenticity by letting yourself be visible as opposed to being shy or ashamed of who you are deep down or what you want behind the closed doors
- to acquire skills to make life decisions aligned with your core values and true desires coming from the depth of your being
- begin stepping into your potential and move towards reaching full potential unique for you and different from anyone else’s in the world
- become skilled at self-love that holds the key to building the life of your dreams
- finally become comfortable in your own skin, doing your own thing, and going where you truly want to go in life
- build the life you are proud to call your own and experience lasting fulfilment because your consciousness is so expanded that you don’t need to worry about whether things will work out for you ever again, as now you have skills and support to make them work.
And inside the membership, you’ll find:
- Full access to Mindvalley’s entire curriculum of best-in-class programs for transforming every dimension of your life. (100+)
2. Weekly Mindvalley Live sessions featuring today’s biggest trainers, bestselling authors, and celebrities.
3. Full access to Mindvalley Meditations, featuring a vast selection of guided and ambient meditation audios for deep inner transformation.
4. Access to Mindvalley’s private social network, where you can connect, share wisdom, and grow with fellow members in your city and around the world.
And if you happen to like it and you’re considering getting a membership, but you want to know more about it, read:
- the review of the Live By Your Own Rules program I wrote: 30 Days Of Self-Love – A Review Of Live By Your Own Rules Mindvalley Program. (It’ll tell you how it would be like to follow this program.
- my post that mentions more than 30 programs you can expect to find on the platform if you decide to get inside the membership: 30+ Transformational Online Personal Development Programs For Creating The Life You Desire.
This will be the gift of your life because you’ll open the door for amazing transformation and upgrading your life to fit your preference, but now with numerous personal growth tools you can take with you even if you leave the membership, and use for the rest of your time to help you thrive.
This membership brings a community of like-minded people to you, helps you feel connected and will help you heal, besides giving you the chance to level up your life experience.
Additionally, Mindvalley has developed an app that makes it super easy and super convenient to use daily.
I advise you to start your day with Mindvalley meditations or with a lesson of the program of your choice.
Right now you can enjoy Mindvalley at a special price.
NOTE: If you experience mental health problems I recommend to consult a mental health professional alongside programs or other educational resources like these.
Recommended Resources For You:
- Live By Your Own Rules Program: rediscover your true self and design a life of uncompromising authenticity and fulfillment in this soul-affirming journey where you’ll overcome oppressing and fabricated societal standards ruling your life without your conscious permission.
- Conscious Parenting Mastery Program: embrace a new model of parenting that will enable you to raise authentic, confident, and well-adjusted kids after you break free from the parenting norms that don’t serve you or your child.
- Becoming Focused And Indistractible FREE Masterclass: uncover what it takes to regain your focus and productivity in a distraction-filled world and becoming indistractable in this empowering program. And help your kids become it too.
- Energy Medicine FREE Masterclass: by Donna Eden: follow a renowned healer extensively recognized by both scientific and alternative branches of healthcare in a transformational journey towards awakening your body’s natural healing ability and understand how to reconnect with the natural healing systems existing within you and master your body’s energy systems and correct energetic blocks and weaknesses.
- The Integral Life FREE Masterclass: by a legendary modern philosopher Ken Wilber, uncover how you can embody his signature integral theory for a life of deeper fulfillment, self-actualization, and impact. The Integral Life offers an ‘operating manual’ for thinking, growing, and being the most whole and fully realized version of yourself.
- Be Extraordinary FREE Masterclass: understand how you can achieve higher states of consciousness, tap into your fullest potential, and bend your life’s reality.
- Uncompromised Life FREE Masterclass: learn about Marisa Peer’s acclaimed Transformational Hypnotherapy process for creating deep and lasting change in your inner programming and your life.
- The Silva Ultramind System FREE Masterclass: get familiarized with Hose Silva’s techniques and tools for harnessing altered states of mind to awaken your mind’s fullest potential and transform your reality.
- Longevity Blueprint FREE Masterclass: learn more about a blueprint to extraordinary longevity and health, based on leading-edge science and time-tested data from the world’s longest-living cultures, giving you the ultimate solution to a long, healthy, fulfilling life.
- 21 Gifts To Show You Care To Those You Cherish And Deepen Your Connection
- 15 Positive Gifts For Friends That Will Elevate Their Any Moment
- 11 Uplifting Gifts For Friends To Warm Their Hearts
- 51 Self-love Thoughts To Redefine Your Relationship with Yourself
- 100 Ways To Change Yourself And Empower Your Evolution
- 100 Ways To Improve Yourself (From Ordinary To Extraordinary)
FINAL THOUGHTS ON INSPIRING SELF-LOVE AND SELF-CARE QUOTES
I hope these self-love and self-care quotes have served as a reminder of the importance of self-love and self-care in life.
Remember that you are deserving of love, care, and kindness – from others and from yourself, as well as that prioritizing your well-being is not selfish, but essential.
When you take care of yourself, you’re better able to take care of those around you and show up more boldly in the world. Just don’t pressure yourself – this is a journey, and it’s okay to take it one step at a time and find what works for you so that you can make it a part of your daily routine.
Just don’t lose sight that you’re worthy of all the love and wellbeing. Keep shining bright!
I’ll see you in the next post, but before you go, make sure to check out LIVE BY YOUR OWN RULES.