Gifts For Someone Having A Hard Week That Undoubtedly Show You Care
No matter if you’re looking to send a care package or a small token of appreciation, read on for some great ideas to help lift someone’s spirits and show them that you care.
Whether it’s a friend who has lost a loved one, a colleague who is going through a stressful period at work, or a family member who is dealing with health issues, a thoughtful gift can make all the difference.
I’m positive you’ll find your favorites among these 40 gifts for friend having a hard week or anyone you care about!
Let’s dive in.
This post has affiliate links which means that we make a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. For more information read our Affiliate disclosure.
Note: Even though I am a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), I am not your licensed clinical social worker (LCSW). This means engaging with our website is not considered a professional social worker and client relationship. This also means you should not consider this information as professional advice. Although we do put in every reasonable effort to provide the most accurate and reliable information, this does not replace professional advice, and you should not rely only on them. You still might need to consult a professional to introduce your particular situation, issue, problem, or position. Read our full Disclaimer here.
GIFTS FOR SOMEONE HAVING A HARD WEEK
#1 Online Course
If your gift recipient who is having a hard time enjoys interior design and decorating you can gift them an online course that teaches space designing and decorating be it their living space, kitchen, office or landscape. This can be very relaxing and soothing, plus it can bring moments of distraction from difficulty of their week.
You can check out Home Design Institute, a French educational platform that specializes in the field of Interior and Landscape Design. It offers wide variety of online courses that you can enroll in, based on your specific interest and level of expertise or skills.
I’ll mention some of them here.
Interior Design Professional Course: If you’re thinking about gifting them the Interior Design Professional Course at the Home Design Institute, you should know that this is a 10-month online program. During those months where they’ll dive deep into the world of interior design, gaining all the knowledge and skills thry need to tackle interior design projects like a pro.
Interior Design Fundamentals – FREE online course: If they’re dreaming of kickstarting a career as an independent interior designer, this free online Interior Design course may be right for them. By the end of it, they’ll have the skills to whip up basic designs that’ll spruce up any room.
Landscape Design – online course: In this course, they’ll discover how to shape their unique view of the world, nurture their creativity and gain a hands-on understanding of how different plants, shrubs, and trees come together in perfect harmony throughout the year. The goal is to have all the tools they need to create a well-rounded and polished landscape design, from the initial concept to the final touches. They’ll develop a deep understanding of how to enhance visual and practical skills, becoming well-versed in plants, hard landscaping materials, and how to integrate them seamlessly into the landscape while considering the surrounding context and existing features.
Sustainable Interior Design: This course was born in response to the fast-paced changes in our global climate and the increasing need for projects that make a positive environmental impact. It’s all about reshaping our perspective on interior design. Your gift recipient will dive into fresh materials, strategies, and tools, aiming to spark creativity and craft designs that not only stand out but also do good for the environment
Kitchen Interior Design Course: In this course, they’ll gain the essential tools, guidance, and hands-on experience to craft beautifully functional kitchens in various styles. They’ll have the chance to collaborate with seasoned experts in the field of kitchen design, delving into diverse topics like lighting design, sustainability, rural kitchen concepts, and the psychology of color. No matter if starting from scratch or already a pro, this course will bolster their kitchen design skills, ensuring they can approach any culinary space with confidence and expertise.
Interior Design Decoration Course: Interior decoration encompasses the strategic placement of furniture, the selection of colors, textures, textiles, coatings, and the careful curation of ornaments, accessories, and lighting. The objective is to achieve a harmonious and functional aesthetic in any space. This course is designed for both beginners and professionals seeking a deep understanding and practical skills in this discipline.
Office Interior Design Course: This course is ideal for enhancing interior design skills with a focus on office spaces. It covers diverse topics like ergonomics, creative office spaces, and large-scale interior design for office buildings. They’ll receive comprehensive guidance, from crafting functional and unique offices to practical project support. Along with tools, resources, and project feedback, they’ll access exclusive content aimed at boosting creativity, innovation, and confidence in creating exceptional interior design experiences.
You may be interested to read after this post:
Package together their favorite self-care products, such as face masks, lotions, and essential oils, or buy a finished product. This will be a great motivation to spend some time in a pampering session and to focus on their wellbeing more. This way they’ll feel a little better and nurture themselves after an exhausting day or week.
You can also consider a self-care subscription box.
SPONSORED: SELF-CARE BOX SUBSCRIPTION
A self-care box demonstrates that you value the recipient’s well-being. It encourages them to prioritize self-care, acknowledging the importance of taking time for personal relaxation and rejuvenation.
A subscription service delivers self-care items regularly, serving as a consistent reminder for your gift recipient to prioritize their well-being on a regular basis. Plus you’re carefree as you’re certain that the items will be carefully picked while you’re being liberated from going back and forth on what to include in it.
Self-care subscriptions often include a variety of items such as skincare products, wellness items, snacks, or relaxation tools. This variety allows your friend to explore different aspects of self-care and discover what works best for them.
Get 8 premium wellness products from leading brands with unbeatable value and support your friend elevate their self-care routine with TheraBox thoughtfully curated boxes.
TheraBox partners with mission-led and cruelty-free companies deliver premium-quality, natural, clean, and/or organic self-care products monthly.
Each TheraBox includes a therapist-approved “Happiness Boosting Activity,” featuring diverse practices like journals, books, guided meditations, affirmations, games, therapeutic art, and more.
You may be interested to check out also:
#3 A FUNNY BOOK OR MOVIE
Laughter can be the best medicine, so consider giving them a book or movie that will make them laugh and lift their spirits.
A subscription to a mindfulness platform or an app, with personal development programs, challenges, and seminars for elevating their life, guided meditations, breathing exercises, and other tools to help manage stress and overwhelm, such as Mindvalley (monthly/yearly membership), will be perfect for anyone.
What’s really special about it is the fact that its customers learn from the instructors that are acknowledged and recognized worldwide as leading mentors in different areas of life for top-notch self-growth. And personal transformation.
Whether it’s about creative problem solving, emotional intelligence, relationships, human literacy, mindset up-leveling, longevity, physical fitness, or career progress.
What your special someone can expect once they decide to engage with this platform is:
- true self-discovery so that they can start identifying their real preferences, aspirations, goals, and dreams
- setting meaningful goals that have the potential to fulfill their need for self-actualization as opposed to only living on someone else’s terms and building someone else’s dream in order to be accepted by the environment and perceived as successful
- liberation from fabricated societal expectation and norms that not only don’t serve them, but are in fact representing oppression which is suffocating their souls that only wants them to live in alignment with whom they truly are and not what society expects them to be
- to finally awaken their authenticity by letting themselves be visible as opposed to being shy or ashamed of who they are deep down and what they want behind the closed doors
- to acquire skills to make life decisions aligned with their core values and true desires coming from the depth of their being
- begin stepping into their potential and move towards reaching full potential unique for them and different from anyone else’s in the world
- become skilled at self-love that holds the key to building the life of their dreams
- finally become comfortable in their own skin, doing their own thing, and going where they truly want to go in life
- build the life they are proud to call their own and experience lasting fulfilment because their consciousness is so expanded that they don’t need to worry about whether things will work out for them ever again, as now they have skills and support to make them work.
Inside they’ll find: Full access to Mindvalley’s entire curriculum of programs (100+) for transforming every area of life with the world’s best experts, weekly live sessions featuring today’s biggest trainers and bestselling authors, full access to Mindvalley Meditations with a vast selection of guided and ambient meditation audios for deep inner transformation, access to Mindvalley’s private social network, to connect, share experiences, and grow with fellow members in their city/around the world.
What I love most about it, besides the quality and excellence of the programs and other resources inside, is:
- the fact that it keeps growing and expanding to respond to the needs of us, the members,
- the sense and power of the community, as well as
- the level of support experienced just by being a art of it as you have a strong feeling that things will work out the best for you.
Even if they haven’t been focused on their growth untill now, this shouldn’t stop them from taking action.
You’ll open the door for amazing transformation and upgrading their life to fit their preference and not someone else’s, but now with numerous personal growth tools they can take with them even if they decide to leave the membership, and use all their life to thrive.
If you happen to like it and you’re thinking about gifting a membership, but you want to know more about it, read:
- my post that mentions more than 30 programs you can expect to find on the platform if you decide to get inside the membership: 30+ Transformational Online Personal Development Programs For Creating The Life You Desire.
And if you’d like to experience the platform before investing you can take a masterclass (or few of them):
- Becoming Focused And Indistractible (not indestructible 🙂 ) by Nir Eyal, a habit formation expert and bestselling author for regaining focus and productivity in a distraction-filled world and becoming indistractable in this empowering program. And help their kids become it too.
- Be Extraordinary, with Mindvalley founder Vishen Lakhiani as he empowers them to achieve higher states of consciousness, tap into tjeir fullest potential, and bend their life’s reality.
- The Uncompromised Life by Marisa Peer, a program that guides through her acclaimed Transformational Hypnotherapy process for creating deep and lasting change in inner programming and life.
- The Silva Ultramind System also by Vishen, who presents Hose Silva’s techniques and tools for harnessing altered states of mind to awaken the mind’s fullest potential and transform personal reality.
- Money EQ Ken Honda, Japan’s No. 1 personal growth teacher, for healing money wounds, releasing fear, stress, and anger around money, and achieving a lifetime of true financial wellbeing.
- Energy Medicine by Donna Eden, a renowned healer whose gifts have been extensively recognized by both scientific and alternative branches of healthcare in is a transformational journey towards awakening the body’s natural healing ability.
You could probably find useful:
- 30+ TRANSFORMATIONAL ONLINE PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT CLASSES AND PROGRAMS FOR CREATING THE LIFE YOU DESIRE
A gift membership for a subscription service like Audible, an online platform that provides a wide selection of audiobooks, original content, and podcasts. The gift recipient can listen to audiobooks on any device, including smartphones, tablets, computers, and Amazon Echo devices.
Plants can help improve mood and reduce stress as research has shown that indoor plants can have a calming effect on people, increase productivity, give sense of purpose, even reduce loneliness, and they make a great addition to any home or workspace.
#7 A JOURNAL
Encourage them to write down their thoughts and feelings in a beautiful journal. It can be a therapeutic and cathartic way to process emotions and work through difficult times.
You may be interested to read also:
A subscription to a streaming service like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, or Hulu can provide them with a little break or distraction and something to look forward to after a long day that will take their mind of the challenges they’re up against. Amazon Prime Video is included as part of the Amazon Prime subscription, which also provides access to free shipping, music streaming, and other perks.
#9 A TEA OR COFFEE SET
A nice tea or coffee set can provide comfort and a moment of relaxation during a stressful day. By preparing their coffee or tea they can create a routine that will be a signal to their nervous system that this is calming and safe.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Grocery delivery can save time and energy for someone who is feeling overwhelmed or fatigued after a tough week. Rather than having to navigate a crowded grocery store, they can have their groceries delivered right to their doorstep.
Amazon Fresh is a grocery delivery and pickup service that allows online ordering and have them delivered to their doorstep or available for pickup at a designated location. Customers can shop for groceries through the Amazon website or app, and select from a wide range of products including fresh produce, meats, dairy, and pantry items.
Scented candles can provide a relaxing and calming atmosphere, and can help reduce stress. If they do it each day after they come home or at a specific time of the day, this can help them center in a safe space they’ve created.
Sometimes a good book can provide a welcome distraction and escape from daily stresses. More importantly, you will make them feel better when you give them something they’ve wanted for a while, plus they’ll feel cared for because you remembered to do so.
If you believe a book would be a perfect gifts for someone having a hard week but you need more book recommendations, check out:
#13 A COZY PAIR OF PAJAMAS OR LOUNGEWEAR
Comfortable clothing can provide comfort and calm, making it a great gift for someone who’s had a hard week.
A box of their favorite chocolates is the best sweet treat and a small but thoughtful gesture to show that you care. Most people love chocolate so this will be perfect. You can also buy they a box of chocolates they never tried but you know that it’s of the best quality, like Belgian chocolate.
If they enjoy taking photos, a smartphone tripod can help them take better quality pictures and explore their creativity. This will take their mind off of problems and worries and give them a moment of ease and pleasure.
A set of colorful and fragrant bath bombs can make bath time a more enjoyable and relaxing experience. You can also help them create a habit of self-care in tough times which will be beneficial for them in the long run once they continue with this practice.
#17 A DIY CRAFT KIT
Encourage their creativity with a DIY craft kit, such as knitting or painting supplies. This is both a therapeutic and fun activity that will help them recover from a hard week.
Motivational quote cards can be a lovely and encouraging daily inspiration and be used positive affirmations. You can never have enough encouragement and support so this is an extraordinary gift for anyone having a hard week.
#19 A PUZZLE
A puzzle can be a fun and engaging way to spend time with friends or family and take their mind off things that are bothering them and occupying their thoughts.
Noise-cancelling headphones can help block out distractions and provide a sense of peace and quiet, making them a useful gift for someone after a challenging day or week. They can help detach from everything that troubles them for a while.
#21 A SET OF ESSENTIAL OILS AND DIFFUSER
Certain essential oils, such as lavender and chamomile, are known for their relaxing and sleep-promoting properties and can be helpful for individuals who are having difficulty sleeping when they’re stressed out. So they can use a diffuser for relaxation through the use of essential oils.
#22 A SET OF MOTIVATIONAL BOOKS
Motivational books can provide inspiration and guidance during tough moments and times. It can also give them tools and strategies for overcoming obstacles, personal growth, and provide some answers they need right now.
#23 A SUCCULENT
A research conducted by the University of Kansas found that patients appeared to need less pain medication when they had plants in their hospital rooms. So why not try to ease the pain of a person who’s having a hard week? Succulents are very easy to care for, so they might even help with stress more than other plants.
A gratitude journal can help shift their focus towards the positive aspects of their life, even during tough times. They may resist at first if they haven’t practiced gratitude before, so try to promote this practice by explaining that in trying times this might be just the right path to take because they can quickly realize that they have more than enough blessings in their life.
You can also check out:
#25 SPONSORED: A SET OF MINDFULNESS CARDS
Mindfulness cards can provide daily prompts and exercises to help with handling stress and increase mindfulness. They can help them focus on the present moment and therefore decenter from their current challenges.
This particular deck is created with the intention of spreading positivity and smiles to as many people as possible. Each card contains an original drawing accompanied by a unique and inspiring message. And each deck comes with 52 cards with 52 Mindful Messages promoting mindfulness and self care.
#26 A (SET OF) ADULT COLORING BOOKS AND COLORED PENCILS
Adult coloring books and colored pencils can provide a relaxing and creative outlet, and can help reduce stress and anxiety. This will distract them, calm them, and provide energy boost if you choose a coloring book that has motivational messages.
Aromatherapy bath salts can provide a calming and rejuvenating experience for someone who needs to unwind after a tough week. This will motivate them to take care of themselves which they may have forgotten because they have too much on their plate.
#28 A COOKBOOK
A cookbook filled with delicious and healthy recipes can be a great gift for someone who focuses on their health and wellbeing. So considering they have a hard week this will be a sign of support and a thoughtful gift that’s in alignment with their lifestyle.
#29 COMFORT FOOD
Treat them to their favorite food or dessert. It can be a home-cooked meal or something from their favorite restaurant. Food is usually soothing and brings a sense of familiarity and comfort which is just want they need.
#30 A CARE PACKAGE
Buy or put together a care package filled with their favorite snacks, drinks, care products, and other treats along with a note of encouragement to help lift their spirits.
#31 PLAN A (VIRTUAL) GAME NIGHT
Plan a (virtual) game night with their favorite board/online games, to provide a fun and lighthearted distraction from the stresses and overwhelm of the week.
#32 A HARTFELT NOTE
Sometimes, the most meaningful gift is simply a handwritten note letting them know that you care and are there for them. If they’re old school this will remind them of less stressful times when there weren’t so many distractions like today.
A soft and cozy throw blanket can provide calm, comfort and warmth while relaxing and snuggling on the couch. It reminds us of something familiar and safe which will help them recover from a hard week.
#34 A RELAX BATH KIT
You can put together a relax bath kit with a scented candle, bath salts, and a good book for them to relax and unwind. This is just want they need to remain strong to carry on with their difficult week.
#35 SUBSCRIPTION TO AN ONLINE FITNESS CLASS
An online fitness class subscription, can provide a convenient and fun way to stay active and combat stress. It can also give them a sense of accomplishment and more strength to push through in the face of adversity.
Recommended Resources For You:
- Live By Your Own Rules Program: rediscover your true self and design a life of uncompromising authenticity and fulfillment in this soul-affirming journey where you’ll overcome oppressing and fabricated societal standards ruling your life without your conscious permission.
- Conscious Parenting Mastery Program: embrace a new model of parenting that will enable you to raise authentic, confident, and well-adjusted kids after you break free from the parenting norms that don’t serve you or your child.
- Becoming Focused And Indistractible FREE Masterclass: uncover what it takes to regain your focus and productivity in a distraction-filled world and becoming indistractable in this empowering program. And help your kids become it too.
- Energy Medicine FREE Masterclass: by Donna Eden: follow a renowned healer extensively recognized by both scientific and alternative branches of healthcare in a transformational journey towards awakening your body’s natural healing ability and understand how to reconnect with the natural healing systems existing within you and master your body’s energy systems and correct energetic blocks and weaknesses.
- The Integral Life FREE Masterclass: by a legendary modern philosopher Ken Wilber, uncover how you can embody his signature integral theory for a life of deeper fulfillment, self-actualization, and impact. The Integral Life offers an ‘operating manual’ for thinking, growing, and being the most whole and fully realized version of yourself.
- Be Extraordinary FREE Masterclass: understand how you can achieve higher states of consciousness, tap into your fullest potential, and bend your life’s reality.
- Uncompromised Life FREE Masterclass: learn about Marisa Peer’s acclaimed Transformational Hypnotherapy process for creating deep and lasting change in your inner programming and your life.
- The Silva Ultramind System FREE Masterclass: get familiarized with Hose Silva’s techniques and tools for harnessing altered states of mind to awaken your mind’s fullest potential and transform your reality.
- Longevity Blueprint FREE Masterclass: learn more about a blueprint to extraordinary longevity and health, based on leading-edge science and time-tested data from the world’s longest-living cultures, giving you the ultimate solution to a long, healthy, fulfilling life.
#36 A GIFT CARD FOR A MASSAGE OR SPA TREATMENT
A relaxing massage or spa treatment can help ease tension and promote relaxation by letting them take a break from their worries and enjoy a moment of peace and tranquility.
#37 A DONATION IN THEIR NAME
If they have a cause or charity they care about, consider making a donation in their name. It can be a meaningful and thoughtful gift that can help them feel good about making a positive impact.
#38 A SUBSCRIPTION TO A MEAL DELIVERY SERVICE
A subscription to a meal delivery service can provide them with healthy and convenient meals during a busy, stressful, or difficult week where the already have too much going on to think about preparing meals or meal planning.
#39 A GIFT CARD TO THEIR FAVORITE LOCAL RESTAURANT OR CAFFE
A gift card for a local restaurant or cafe will provide a welcome break from cooking and a chance to enjoy a delicious meal or drink out.
#40 A WORKOUT CLASS PASS
Exercise can be a great way to reduce anxiety and improve mood. Consider giving them a pass to a workout class or gym membership to help them feel better both physically, mentally, and emotionally.
#41 A TICKET TO A CONCERT OR EVENT
A fun night out can help take their mind off things and provide a welcome distraction. Plus they might meet other people with similar interests and get a boost of positivity.
- 21 Gifts To Show You Care To Those You Cherish And Deepen Your Connection
- 16 Positive Gifts For Friends That Will Elevate Their Any Moment
- 11 Uplifting Gifts For Friends To Warm Their Hearts
- 51 Self-love Thoughts To Redefine Your Relationship with Yourself
- 100 Ways To Change Yourself And Empower Your Evolution
- 100 Ways To Improve Yourself (From Ordinary To Extraordinary)
3 Biggest Mistakes With Self-acceptance
FINAL THOUGHTS ON GIFTS FOR SOMEONE HAVING A HARD WEEK
Well, I sincerely hope you’ve picked your favorites from this list of gifts for someone having a hard week!
The person the gift is intended for will definitely appreciate your effort and thoughtfulness.
Share the list with others, and I’ll see you in my next post. 👋 Here is one: